Monday, April 18, 2011

An Ode to my babysitter.


When me and my husband found out that we were expecting our first one, as first time parents we freaked on what the future held for us. Being working parents, we wanted to find the best care for our child. After researching on weather or not to be a stay at home mom vs putting her in daycare, we opted that it would be best for me to keep working. I dreaded the day that I would have to go back to work and leave my first born in a infested germville facility. But then one day, my husbands friend advise that her mom was available during the week since she only works part time on the weekend and she would be more than happy to care for her. We so hoped on that train.

Well, after 3 1/2 years and 2 growing children later, it has sadfully came to an end. She was fortunate enough to be offered a full time job with benefits. We were so happy for her but yet sad at the same time. She has was so good to my girls and to my family. She was like their second grandmother. They loved being with her and I would have to drag them out when it was time to pick them up.

Friday was her last day. We wanted her to have at least a week to get things situated before she started back at work. There was not a dry eye in the room. My oldest daughter took it pretty hard as well.She spoiled us thru the years. Taking the kids while they were sick so we could work. Doing all the motherly things for them. Its funny how familys grow even when they are not blood related.

I wish you the best of luck Olga and thank you for the many things that you have done for my girls. You have left a big impression not only on my daughters but also on Me and my husbands in ways you can never imagine. Thank you for guiding us to being great parents and provider like yourself. We love you and may god bless you in the great things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment